Commercial Real Estate Investor Sentiment Survey
Read the CRE Investor Survey summary
To provide commercial real estate leaders with insight into market conditions, we invited sponsors to participate in a survey covering topics ranging from rent collections to their view of the macro environment. View some of the highlights in this summary.
What you'll find in this survey
This survey covers topics ranging from rent collections to fundraising to the macro environment. See responses to questions such as:
- What percentage of normal rents have you collected so far? (Split by property type)
- Have you seen a change in the number of banks willing to lend on core assets since the start of the COVID-19 crisis?
- How have credit conditions changed post-COVID with respect to collateral requirements and interest rates?
- Have you been fundraising?
- Have you closed new capital commitments?
- How would you compare the average size of these commitments to what you raised before the COVID crisis?
- How would you characterize your pipeline for acquisitions?
- How concerned are you about the recession?
- Rate how you expect this recession to impact commercial real estate relative to the Great Recession of 2007-2009?
About this survey
This survey was fielded from September 24-October 2, 2020 on commercial real estate professionals at U.S.-based firms. Nearly half were principals and CEOs, and the participants represented a cross-section of regional and nationwide sponsors with a mix of property types.