Rev. November 21, 2022
Juniper Square may provide customers services in the form of cloud products and services where Juniper Square provides technology. This Policy does not apply to the extent we are acting as a service provider or data processor, as defined by applicable law. For detailed privacy information related to a Juniper Square customer who uses our products and services as the controller, please contact our customer directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of our customers, which may differ from those explained in this Policy. For more information, please also see Section 6 (Notice to European Residents: General Data Protection Regulation) and Section 7 (Notice to California Residents: California Consumer Privacy Act) below.
- Changes to this Policy. Juniper Square reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time by posting a new Policy on this page, and in some cases where changes are material Juniper Square may also contact you via electronic mail or post a notice on the homepage to let you know of such changes. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes. Your continued use of the Website after such changes have been made constitutes acceptance of those changes. You will be directed to the applicable Policy upon your creation of an account which allows you access to any restricted portion of the Website.
Collection of Information.
- Information that You Provide. Juniper Square collects any information that you voluntarily provide, including when you submit information requesting a demonstration, joining the e-mail list, applying for a job or when you use the Services available through the Website. Information that you may provide includes your email address, name, phone number, location, details of your education, online social accounts and professional resume or CV. Juniper Square may also collect information that you provide by electronic mail, telephone or other means.
- Automatically Collected Information. Juniper Square may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your web browser type and version, the name and version of your operating system, the pages you view on the Website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Website, and the search terms you enter on the Website. This information allows Juniper Square to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Website using the same computer or mobile device, and to improve the Website and the Services.
- Cross-Site Tracking. Juniper Square does not utilize technical measures in the Website to track your activities across different web sites or online services, whether you configure your browser’s Do Not Track feature or otherwise. The Website does utilize third-party application programming interfaces controlled by third parties, such as marketing tracking services, that may attempt to track your activity across other sites that utilize those interfaces.
Use and Disclosure of Information. Juniper Square may collect, use, share, and otherwise process your personal information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
Accessing the Website and Providing and Improving the Services. Juniper Square uses your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, or products, services or information related to the Website:
***- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement to which we are a party;
• To assist you in completing a transaction or order;
• To prepare and process invoices and payments;
• To respond to queries or requests and to provide support;
• To create, manage and audit our customer accounts;
• To maintain functionality of our Services and products;
• To provide you information regarding our Services and products;
• To notify you about changes to our Services and products;
• To administer any promotion, contest, survey, or competition; and
• To offer our products and services to you in a personalized way and to customize your experience when using the Website.
- Marketing. If you submit your information to Juniper Square, Juniper Square may provide you with information about the Website, Services or required notices. In addition, Juniper Square may use collected information for delivering marketing communications that may be of interest to you. Juniper Square does not sell or share your Personal Information with other companies so that they can market to you. You have the right to ask Juniper Square not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. Juniper Square will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if it intends to use your information for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Juniper Square uses to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Juniper Square at firstname.lastname@example.org, or clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the Juniper Square marketing communications.
- Service Providers. Juniper Square engages third-party service providers (such as hosting providers and analytics and security providers) to assist in operating and marketing the Services. Juniper Square’s engagement of third-party service providers is often necessary for Juniper Square to provide the Services to you, particularly where such third-party service providers ensure that the Website and Services are operating and secure. In other cases, Juniper Square has a legitimate interest in third-party service providers that can help improve the Website and the Service.
- Other Disclosure. Juniper Square may disclose Personal Information about you to others: (a) if Juniper Square has your valid consent to do so; (b) to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation; (c) to enforce any of the Juniper Square terms and conditions or policies; or (d) as necessary to resolve disputes, pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims. Juniper Square may also transfer your Personal Information to an affiliate, a subsidiary or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Juniper Square’s business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding, provided that any such entity that Juniper Square transfer Personal Information to will not be permitted to process your Personal Information other than as described in this Policy without providing you notice and, if required by applicable laws, obtaining your consent.
- Accessing the Website and Providing and Improving the Services. Juniper Square uses your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, or products, services or information related to the Website:
- Jurisdiction. Information collected through the Website will be stored in, processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your information as your home country, and may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to such transfer to, storage in and processing within the United States.
- Security. Juniper Square is committed to protecting your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The Website and its operators maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected through the Website; however, no information or communication Website can be 100% secure, so Juniper Square cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. In addition, Juniper Square is not responsible for the security of information that you transmit to the Website over networks that Juniper Square does not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
please see the full Policy.
Use. Cookies can contain the following information about you and your use of the Website: browser type, search preferences, data relating to which pages of the Website that you have visited and the date and time of
- To enable and support security features, prevent fraud, and protect your data from unauthorized access.
- To enable features and help us provide you with personalized content.
- To analyze how you use the Website and to monitor site performance. These Cookies help us to identify and fix errors, understand and improve services, research and test out different features, and monitor how you reached the Website.
Third-Party Cookies. Juniper Square uses the following third-party Cookies on the Website:
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics tracks unique visitors to the Website, and provides analytics reports showing website usage and referral sources. It also helps determine whether visitors have arrived at the Website via Google marketing campaigns. See https://policies.google.com/privacy for details.
- Facebook. Facebook’s tracking determines whether visitors have arrived at the Website via Facebook marketing campaigns. See https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy for details.
- Marketo (Munchkin). – Marketo links visitor behavior on the Website to the recipient of an email marketing campaign to measure campaign effectiveness. See https://documents.marketo.com/legal/privacy/ for details.
- RollWorks, a division of NextRoll – RollWorks collects information about your visits to and actions on certain pages of our Website so that they can deliver ads for relevant Juniper Square products and services to you later. See https://www.nextroll.com/privacy for details.
- Microsoft Advertising. Microsoft Advertising’s tracking determines whether visitors have arrived at the Website via Microsoft Advertising marketing campaigns. See https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement for details.
- Wistia. Wistia hosts the video content embedded in the Website. It tracks how many visitors play embedded videos, and how much of each video they play. See https://wistia.com/privacy for details.
- MailChimp. If you subscribe to our newsletter, Juniper Square uses MailChimp for correspondence with you. MailChimp may utilize web beacons or other cookies in their internal operations. See https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ for more details.
- Capterra. Capterra’s tracking determines whether visitors have arrived at the Website via Capterra marketing campaigns. See https://www.capterra.com/legal/privacy-policy for details.
- Qualfied.com. Qualified is a medium for communications, both through messaging on our website and via email. If you engage with the chat function on the Website, Qualified collects publicly available contact and social information related to you to enhance your user experience. See https://www.qualified.com/legal/privacy for details.
- LinkedIn Insight Tag. LinkedIn’s tracking allows us to target users with advertising if they have visited the Website and subsequently visit LinkedIn. See https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy for details.
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows website tags to be managed using an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data, but rather activates other tags. Google Tag Manager does not access the information captured by other tags. See https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/ and https://policies.google.com/privacy for details.
- Hotjar. Hotjar provides heatmap analytics about how you are using the website to enable us to improve the website and provide better and more useful information. See https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/6952777582999 and https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/ for details.
- iubenda. iubenda tracks and manages your cookie preferences and other consents collected through your use of the Website. See https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/36700132 and https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/94654098 for details.
- Terminus Software. Terminus is an online advertising and technology platform headquartered in the United States which helps advertisers connect with consumers who are interested or could benefit from the advertisers’ products. Terminus is used to track visits generated by ads and to allow better management of advertising campaigns. See https://terminus.com/privacy-policy/ for details.
- Demandbase Tags. Demandbase provides analytics around Website use and ads you may have interacted with that led you to the Website. Demandbase Tags cause a unique cookie ID to be associated with each Website visitor. See https://www.demandbase.com/privacy/ for details.
- Opting Out. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see www.aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work as intended by Juniper Square.
Notice to European Residents: General Data Protection Regulation
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, Juniper Square will process your Personal Information in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
For information submitted using the Website, Juniper Square, Inc. is the data controller, as defined under GDPR. In accordance with GDPR, where Juniper Square processes your Personal Information as a data controller, in certain circumstances you will have certain rights, which may include the following:
- right of confirmation;
- right of access;
- right to rectification;
- right to erasure;
- right of restriction of processing;
- right to data portability;
- right to object;
- right to withdraw data protection consent; and
right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
***As described above, where a customer uses our cloud products and services, we may store your personal information on behalf and under the instructions of our customers, which we process as a data processor on that customer’s behalf. We are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data security practices of such customers, which may differ from those explained in this Policy. The data protection rights listed above do not apply to Juniper Square where we process your data as a data processor on behalf of a customer. If your data has been submitted to us by or on behalf of a Juniper Square customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under the GDPR or other applicable data protection laws, please inquire with them directly.***
Notice to California Residents: California Consumer Privacy Act
As of January 1, 2020, verified California residents have the right to:
• ***request and receive disclosure of our personal information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or sharing such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information;
• request and receive a copy of the personal information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months;
• request and receive disclosure of our information sharing practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of personal information sold with the category of third party recipients and a list of the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
• request that we not sell personal information about them; and
• request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their personal information subject to certain exceptions.***
For the purposes of this Section 7, “personal information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), but does not include certain de-identified or aggregated information, information publicly available in government records, or certain information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
In order to make a request for disclosure California residents may contact us at email@example.com. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavor to respond within forty-five days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional forty-five days) we will notify you of our need for additional time. For requests that we not sell your information, we will comply with your request within 15 days. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
You may make a request for disclosure of our information collection practices, the information we collected about you, or our sharing practices up to twice within a 12-month period. You may make a request that we not sell information or for deletion of your information at any time.
For requests for a copy of the personal information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request, we will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to your registered account, if you have registered an account with us.
For requests for deletion of your information, please understand that California law permits us to retain certain information and not to delete it under certain circumstances. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records), and to comply with legal obligations. If we receive such a request from you, we will notify any service providers we have engaged to delete your information as well.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights.
Using an Authorized Agent. You may submit a request through someone holding a formal Power of Attorney. Otherwise, you may submit a request using an authorized agent only if (1) you provide the authorized agent with written permission to make a request and (2) you verify your own identity directly with us. We will require the agent to submit proof to us that they have been authorized to make requests on your behalf.
During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of information from the listed sources, used it for the listed business purposes and shared it with the listed categories of third parties. The business purposes for which we collect the Personal Information are described in Section 3 above. The categories include information we collect from visitors to our Website, registered users, employees, vendors, suppliers and any other person that interacts with us either online or offline. Not all information is collected about all individuals. For instance, we may collect different information from applicants for employment or from vendors or from customers.
|Category of Personal Information (PI) collected||Sources of PI||Purposes of collecting PI||Categories of third parties to whom we disclose PI|
|Identifiers such as full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, email address, phone number or postal address.||Information you provide us; information collected from third parties; information we may receive from third-party marketing and data partners.||To maintain legal and regulatory compliance; audit transactions; security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging/error repair; customize user experience; perform services for you; engage in marketing activities; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as payment processors, marketing partners, employee benefits partners; identity verification providers); government regulators; law enforcement.|
|Sensitive Information such as government issued identity document such as passport, driver’s license, national identity card, state ID card, tax ID number, passport number, driver’s license details, national identity card details, visa information, and/or any other information deemed necessary to comply with legal obligations under applicable financial regulation and law.||Information you provide us; information collected from third parties.||To maintain legal and regulatory compliance; audit transactions; security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging/error repair; customize user experience; perform services for you; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as payment processors, employee benefits partners; identity verification providers); government regulators; law enforcement.|
|Commercial information such as bank account information, payment card primary account number (PAN), transaction history, and/or tax identification number.||Information you provide us; Information collected from third parties; information we may receive from third-party marketing or data partners.||To maintain legal and regulatory compliance; audit transactions; security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging/error repair; customize user experience; perform services for you; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as payment processors, employee benefits partners); government regulators; law enforcement.|
|Electronic network activity such as browsing or search history, IP address, website interactions and advertisement interactions.||Information automatically collected from visitors to our website.||Audit transactions; security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging/error repair; customize user experience; perform services for you; engage in marketing activities; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as payment processors, marketing partners, employee benefits partners); government regulators; law enforcement.|
|Audio, video, photographs or similar information such as customer service calls.||Information you provide us; information we collect for security purposes.||Audit transactions; security detection, protection and enforcement; functionality debugging/error repair; customize user experience; perform services for you; engage in marketing activities; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as payment processors and marketing partners); government regulators; law enforcement.|
|Professional, educational or employment related information including office location, job title, and/or description of role.||Information you provide us; information collected from third parties; information we observe in connection with vendor or employee oversight.||To maintain legal and regulatory compliance; to review and process your employment applications; to engage in marketing activities.||Service providers (such as employee benefits partners and identity verification providers).|
|Inferences drawn from the above about your preferences, characteristics, etc.||Internal analytics.||To engage in marketing activities; internal research and development.||Service providers (such as marketing partners).|
- Third-Party Websites. The Website and communications from Juniper Square may contain links to websites operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that Juniper Square is not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such websites that are not under Juniper Square’s control. Juniper Square encourages you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
- Children’s Information. The Website is not directed to, nor does Juniper Square knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided information without your consent, please contact Juniper Square immediately using the contact information provided below.
- Other Agreements. You may from time to time enter into binding legal agreements relating to certain Services available through the Website, which may have terms that are different from those of this Policy. In the event of any inconsistency, the terms of such other agreement shall control with respect to such Services.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions about this Policy or the collection or use of information about you, please write to Juniper Square at firstname.lastname@example.org or 555 Montgomery St, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.