Insights & Ideas: Chris Powers, Fort Capital
Watch the on-demand recording here
Your request has been successfully submitted. We’ll be in touch soon to schedule a conversation.
Learn how Chris Powers built Fort Capital into one of the leading Texas-based real estate investment firms through a focus on industrial assets and providing a world-class investor experience.
We recently connected with Fort Capital founder and chairman Chris Powers to discuss what he’s learned building a vertically integrated investment management company with a track record of acquiring more than half a billion dollars in real estate assets across Texas.
In this conversation you'll hear about:
- How Chris got started in real estate investing
- Why Chris focuses on Twitter as a communications channel (and how he uses it)
- The “democratization of capital” - and what that means for syndication
- Challenges to growing an investor base
- Why Chris decided to specialize and focus on industrial assets
- Investing in existing assets versus new development
- The case for industrial real estate
- How to delight investors
- Leadership and culture building
- How to attract great talent to your team
- Transitioning from CEO to chairman
- Innovation and opportunities in commercial real estate over the next 5-10 years
- Advice for staying current with new trends and opportunities in real estate