Welcome to the sixth and final part of our exploration on Partnership Enablement which previously discussed the need for effective Partnership Enablement to be shared, scalable, seamless, and supported.
Last but certainly not least, we’ll explain what it means for Partnership Enablement to be secure.
Enterprise-grade infrastructure practices ensure security
88% of GPs indicate the security of data and systems is critical to building investor trust.
Private investment managers have a target on their backs. They house valuable libraries of personally identifiable information (e.g., bank account, social security, and tax ID numbers) and sit at the center of millions of dollars in daily transactions. Hackers seeking to exploit “weak” links in an increasingly connected financial ecosystem are targeting these firms with an escalating level of sophistication and aggression. Partnership Enablement makes security a top priority, utilizing the highest industry standards for encryption, data storage, and authentication to ensure the safety of data.
Building a secure foundation for Partnership Enablement requires a multifaceted and layered approach, spanning a wide range of areas including:
- Secure cloud infrastructure: Remain current on security advancements. The Juniper Square solution and infrastructure leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS), the industry-leading cloud services provider. AWS is compliant with security best practices and IT security standards, including SOC 1/2/3, FISMA, and ISO 9001. Additional security measures include redundancies across data centers to provide high uptime and avoid disruption.
- External security audits: Meet the security requirements of the most stringent investors. Juniper Square has certified SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2 compliance with the Security and Availability trust principles of the System and Organization Controls (SOC) description criteria as established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Additionally, Juniper Square undergoes routine third-party penetration testing.
- Encryption: Keep your data secure no matter where you access it from with bank-grade encryption standards. Data, documents, and other media are encrypted at rest using 256-bit AES encryption. Data transmitted between a user’s web browser and Juniper Square is encrypted in transit using transport layer security (TLS, also known as SSL) technology.
- Alerts and audit log: Receive notifications of important changes to sensitive investor information in your workspace. Automatic audit logging ensures changes and updates are actively tracked in a central log.
- Data privacy: Never second-guess how your data is being used. Juniper Square is committed to transparency around our data practices, and we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requirements.
- User authentication: Protect your staff and investors from password reuse and vulnerabilities. For all end users, including partner users and investors who use the portal, two-factor authentication is available, and a strong password policy is enforced for all accounts.
- Enterprise-grade administrator controls: Get precise control over every aspect of your data through client-managed security measures. Juniper Square provides role-based permission capabilities to restrict access to and the export of sensitive information and secure encryption of sensitive PDFs with document passwords.
Download our white paper, “Digital Partnership Enablement: How leading GPs scale their operations and deliver better outcomes for investors”, for in-depth guidance on achieving Partnership Enablement.